Distinctive in character but sharing the same goals, our two care homes in Norfolk both offer first class facilities and high standards of care. Designed to meet a wide range of needs our homes offer secure and reassuring environments with attractive interiors and gardens. Whether it is company and companionship or private time alone that is preferred we make certain that either is possible for our residents whenever required.
Both homes maintain firm links with their local communities and services. We enjoy visits from schools and local groups for activities and special events.
All residents enjoy high standards of food, prepared and cooked on site using fresh, locally sourced ingredients wherever possible. The menus are wholesome and varied, from traditional roasts and main courses to tasty puddings and afternoon teas. Refreshments are available at any time.
We keep a close eye on individual needs and are happy to cater to specialist dietary requirements.
Activities and events
We believe that a big part of delivering great quality of life to our residents is making sure there is plenty of opportunity to be active. There is always plenty to do in our care homes!
Weekly activities include musical entertainment, book and audio book clubs, film afternoons, craft sessions and gardening.
We enjoy regular community events, including visits from school choirs, dance performances, talks and art exhibitions. Excursions are arranged to the local market towns and parks. We also venture further afield to the seaside or other local attractions.
There are several dates throughout the year that we all look forward to, such as our summer garden parties and Christmas celebrations. You can find out more about our upcoming events on our events page.
Families are welcome to participate in our events and many enjoy the opportunity to spend time with their loved ones and meet some of our other residents.
Most of our residents enjoy taking part in some, or all, of the activities available to them. But they are, of course, all voluntary. If you prefer quiet time on your own, you are welcome to enjoy spending time in your own room or in our beautiful gardens.
Both of our homes benefit from a range of other services.
- Well stocked libraries: You can request books of your choice, or visit the local library too.
- Religious services: Local churches and religious organisations provide regular services. Visits by local ministers of all denominations can be arranged.
- Telephones: You can arrange to have your own telephone in your room (please discuss with the Manager in advance) with calls charged based on use.
- Hairdressing, chiropodist and optician: each home has dedicated professionals, or you can arrange your own. Payment is between the resident and the relevant service provider.
- Additional services: such as physiotherapy, chiropody, speech therapy can be arranged, as can appointments such as dentist, opticians, manicures and complementary therapies.
The Residents’ Committees
Our Residents’ Charter ensures that we put our residents at the centre of everything we do at all times.
To make sure we are meeting the needs of all our residents, we have a Residents’ Committee in each home. These committees have a real influence in the running of our homes.
Members of the Committee meet with managers and key staff to discuss how services and facilities can be developed. They also control an amenity fund which enables trips and outings to be organised at no cost to the residents.