Day of admission
It is helpful to us for the resident’s arrival time to be confirmed in advance.
On admission day residents are asked to bring:
- Name, address and telephone number of next of kin.
- Name, address and telephone number of person to contact in an emergency.
- Name, address and telephone number of person who will be dealing with the resident’s financial matters.
- Copies of advance directives, for example; living wills.
- Clothing with clear, permanent labels showing both first and last names.
- List of all valuables and property brought into the home.
- Name and address of resident’s doctor.
- A completed form for background information about the resident which we will provide prior to admission to be completed and emailed to the care home manager.
Terms and Conditions
All residents are admitted on the basis of the home’s standard terms and conditions, a copy of which will be provided either prior to or soon after admission. Copies are also available on request. In the case of publicly funded residents, additional terms would usually apply.
Of course, we sincerely hope that there should never be a cause for complaint but we will always listen if you have one. Also, we are always ready to make improvements within our homes if required. So, to give everyone ‘a voice’, there is a complaint procedure in place. It is available on request from the home. It explains the residents’ right to complain or to offer suggestions for improvements. It outlines clearly the procedure for doing so.